Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sheriff Gary Border - The Truth Shall Set You Free

Copied from: http://m.topix.com/forum/city/tavares-fl/T7SGJCK8CHUFUF4S5 Truth Shall Set You Free | May 21, 2012 Mr. Borders, I decided to address this message directly to you. It is apparent by reading several blogs on this site, you have dismayed many individuals. First let me say this, I'm not one of your employees and never have been. In fact, I can take great comfort in knowing that I can speak from the outside looking in. It is obvious you have forgotten the meaning of several words and I'm here to help you with them. First word will be SHERIFF:the law-enforcement officer of a county or other civil subdvision of a state. Next word is INTEGRITY:adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty. Next word, HONESTY: truthfulness, sincerity, or frankness. Next word, HONOR: honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions. I would also like to point out the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics to you, just in case you have forgotten: Law Enforcement Code of Ethics AS A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional rights of all men to liberty, equality and justice. I WILL keep my private life unsullied as an example to all; maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn, or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed in both my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of my department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty. I WILL never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities. I RECOGNIZE the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of the police service. I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession...law enforcement. Mr. Borders, I do not care about your how you choose to live your personnel life as you are entitled to that. I do care that you have forgotten everything else mentioned above. I would like you to look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself do you like what you see looking back at you. I believe if you truly soul searched, you would come to the conclusion that it really isn't a pretty picture. I truly believe you really don't know how disarrayed your agency is. You have deputies stacking up on calls that are minor, the response time to major calls are absurd and then you have certain ones who do unethical things and are still permitted to retain their jobs. These things are just the tip of the iceburg. I won't go into everything, but I just wanted you to know that there are people who really do know what is going on. I hope that someone how you might be enlightened on what I have said, since it is somewhat obvious you have forgotten the oath you took. Just maybe you might find some salvation and then again you might not. The last thing I can do for you is pray....

1 comment:

  1. Very well spoken... It must be noted that lake county topix has be deleted/hidden via the internet, which in turn exposed most of the corruption within our local communities.
    We who have been the victims by or through the corruption via the Lake County Sheriff's office, the Federal Bureau of Investigations, our unfaithful leaders overseeing the Lake County State Attorneys office, the office of the Public Defenders, including but not limited to the United States Department of Justice has proven their misdeeds, and their involvement in engaging into a code of conduct of covert operations to conceal the local corruption... Posted by "Yep2012"... .

    ReplyDelete